"We do not live to eat, but we eat to live" - these words are attributed to Socrates. And, apparently, the ancient Greek philosopher was right. Nutrition itself supports the life and working ability of the body.
But despite the large volume of information, our relationship with food is not always perfect, but often confusing and complex.
On the one hand, most people understand that the proper management of the nutrition depends not only on the health of modern human, but also on our normal daily life. Will we be vigorous, active, energetic, or able to resist disease? On the other hand, there are so many temptations around, so many factors that affect the desire to have a snack, something to eat quickly on the go, that it's hard to resist it.
Food has several basic functions: it gives the body energy, serves as a plastic material for building organs and tissues and provides biologically active ingredients to regulate life processes. Rational nutrition, respectively, involves taking certain substances into the body in optimal proportions: proteins, fats, carbohydrates, water, minerals and vitamins.
There is no perfect diet. The need for food is variable and depends on many factors: age, gender, nationality, level of physical and psycho-emotional activity, health and even climate. Have you noticed that you want to eat less under hot weather conditions, and when the weather is cold the portions of food increase.
The issue of nutrition is a problem for modern human. Let's review some of them.
Excess calories and a sedentary lifestyle contribute to weight gain and obesity. Therefore, physical activity is a vital necessity.
The commercialization of production has brought all sorts of additives to food. Synthetic fillers, dyes, preservatives and flavors adversely affect metabolism. A similar problem is the establishment of new production technologies: refining, emulsification, addition of hormones and genetically modified components. The human body was not created to take food with so many synthetic elements.
Environmental pollution. It's not just factories with toxic emissions. Pesticides, which are abundantly used to treat plants to control pests and weeds, eventually enter the human body.
In animal husbandry, hormones are widely used to stimulate the growth of young animals and antibiotics to prevent diseases. Then meat and milk come to our table. But we ourselves often do wrong and violate the diet. Most people do not remember the proverb: "Eat breakfast yourself, share lunch with a friend, and give dinner to the enemy." Crazy pace of life, everything happens on the run. There is no time in the morning, a snack on the go at lunch and a generous dinner late in the evening add stress to the body.
Nutritional imbalance is another scourge. Food is deficient in vitamins and minerals, which are important substances for the cardiovascular system, the development of bone and other tissues. We consume a lot of high-energy, but biologically invaluable products. We get full quickly, and after a short period of time we feel hungry again.
The basis of the diet of some citizens became fast food. Various cakes, sandwiches, sausages in the dough, French fries, chips and chopsticks nutritionists rightly call "harmful" food for a long time. Quick is not equal to beneficial. Don't forget that.
And the next paragraph is dedicated to dieters. Complex, sometimes contradictory recommendations will not help to maintain good health. If a person follows a strict diet with restrictions on certain foods, it can easily harm the body. Thus, the complete rejection of fats will lead to disruption of the nervous and hormonal systems, cause vitamin deficiencies and mood swings. Diet is a treatment program. Take care of yourself - consult a doctor.
Insufficient drinking regime. Everyone knows that water is an important factor for the good functioning of the body, but often 1,5-2 liters of water a day remain plans on paper. Fluid is needed to regulate all vital processes. Depending on the age, the fluid content in the human body ranges from 50% to 75%. Naturally, the body loses water through breathing, sweating, urination and defecation. If you often suffer from headaches, skin rashes and malaise, then perhaps the reason is lack of water. These problems can be easily solved - do not forget to drink water during the day.
It is not so difficult to monitor your health and establish a diet. Pay attention to the following things:
- eat well. Nutritionists recommend a ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates 1:1:4. If we imagine this visually, the third part of the plate is filled with carbohydrates, and half is divided by fats and proteins;
- keep a balance between intake and loss of nutrients;
- food should be varied and include essential nutrients. For example, some vitamins, polyunsaturated fatty acids, amino acids and mineral components are not synthesized in the body, but are vital and should be taken with food;
- review eating habits and national eating traditions. For centuries, the human body has adjusted to the processing of certain foods, so introduce new foods gradually;
- follow the rhythm and diet. Large intervals between meals and frequent snacks will not help. In principle, there should be at least 4 meals a day with an interval of 3-4 hours;
- eat more fresh berries, vegetables, fruits and nuts. In addition to vitamins, they contain antioxidants to protect the body from aging, fiber for normal bowel function, enzymes, organic acids and minerals to maintain health;
- eat fewer simple and more complex or slow carbohydrates. Whole grain cereals, bran bread, durum wheat pasta reduce hunger and cravings for sweets;
- include dairy and fermented milk products in your diet. Thus, you will fill the norm of calcium and improve the intestinal microflora;
- do not be afraid to include specialized foods in the diet: bioactive dietary supplements and nutraceuticals eliminate the deficiency of essential substances and optimize the diet.
Only you choose what and how to eat. But remember that a healthy diet is the basis of well-being, active life, youth and beauty. Eat properly and stay healthy!